Position: 6PM - 2AM Gas Station Cashier
Description: To give the best customer service in a timely and friendly manner. To have and foster an outstanding attitude and to help create a fun atmosphere. Duties include cashiering, stocking, cleaning, and delivering exceptional customer service in the convenience store portion of the business. Previous cashier experience preferred, but not required.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Accurately perform cashier duties--including accurately ringing orders in the computerized register system, appropriately handling tenders to ensure cash drawers balance, performing basic addition/subtraction functions, and counting back change
- Accurately balance cash drawers at the beginning and end of each shift
- Cheerfully greet customers upon entering the store, assist with any questions they may have, and thank them when leaving
- Perform tasks in the store as directed, including stocking, cleaning, pricing, and merchandising. --Monitor surroundings to identify and deter theft or shoplifting
- Assist in general store cleanliness, including keeping clean work and service areas, stocking supplies, and general cleaning.
- Communicate with customers, coworkers, and supervisors in a positive and professional manner. Address all customer complaints professionally and, if necessary, involve a supervisor.
- Comply with all safety rules, company policies, and scheduling requirements
The Clearwater Travel Plaza is a full-service travel center that strives to provide exceptional products and excellent service to our diverse population of customers—professional truck drivers, local residents, and tourists alike. We meet our customers’ needs in the areas of food, fuel, clothing and gifts, and information. The Plaza prides itself on an “Obvious Choice” mentality—where only the highest standards will do. From trendy product lines and unique books & gifts, to donuts with a reputation, to our diverse restaurant and pub menu offerings, to our most valuable resource—our employees.
CTP employees are the key to our business. We look for candidates who thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy working as a part of a team, demonstrate superior attitudes, maintain a flexible availability suitable for a retail schedule, and act honestly and with integrity. Candidates must maintain a neat and clean appearance while adhering to CTP’s uniform policy and must be able to speak, understand, read, and write English. Employees must also deliver exceptional customer service, regardless if they have direct or indirect customer contact. We look for hard-working candidates who can demonstrate that fun and professionalism go hand-in-hand, which delivers the customer experience that we have become known for. If you meet these criteria, we would love for you to join our team!