Position: Monday - Friday Day Restaurant Host
Description: Ensure that all Nelson Bros. Restaurant guests feel comfortable the moment they arrive at the Plaza. Give pleasant greeting, seat customers in the desired areas in the restaurant, inform of daily specials, clear and clean tables, and assist wait staff as necessary. You will typically work around a six hour shift scheduled between the hours of 8AM and 4PM.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Possess a basic knowledge of restaurant menu, daily specials, and restaurant floor plan
- Provide a timely, cheerful greeting and seat all customers as quickly as space allows
- Provide a thorough and upbeat description of all daily specials
- Assist wait staff as necessary.
- Assist wait staff in pre-bussing tables. Bus, clear, and clean tables quickly and efficiently immediately after customers have left. Inform the hosts who are seating that a clean, open table is available.
- Assist in general restaurant cleanliness, including bussing and setting tables, using hokey or vacuum on carpeted areas, stocking dishware, and keeping host station orderly.
- Communicate with customers, coworkers, and supervisors in a positive and professional manner. Address all customer complaints professionally and, if necessary, involve a supervisor.
- Comply with all safety rules, company policies, and scheduling requirements
The Clearwater Travel Plaza is a full-service travel center that strives to provide exceptional products and excellent service to our diverse population of customers—professional truck drivers, local residents, and tourists alike. We meet our customers’ needs in the areas of food, fuel, clothing and gifts, and information. The Plaza prides itself on an “Obvious Choice” mentality—where only the highest standards will do. From trendy product lines and unique books & gifts, to donuts with a reputation, to our diverse restaurant and pub menu offerings, to our most valuable resource—our employees.
We offer food, gas, and gift shop discounts. We also offer medical, health savings account, dental, vision, AFLAC supplemental insurance, and a company matching 401(k).
CTP employees are the key to our business. We look for candidates who thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy working as a part of a team, demonstrate superior attitudes, maintain a flexible availability suitable for a retail schedule, and act honestly and with integrity. Candidates must maintain a neat and clean appearance while adhering to CTP’s uniform policy and must be able to speak, understand, read, and write English. Employees must also deliver exceptional customer service, regardless if they have direct or indirect customer contact. We look for hard-working candidates who can demonstrate that fun and professionalism go hand-in-hand, which delivers the customer experience that we have become known for. If you meet these criteria, we would love for you to join our team!