Position: Restaurant Cashier
Description: Provide fast, efficient service to ensure the needs of the customers are met in a friendly, professional manner. Demonstrate an attitude of professionalism, service, and fun which creates an atmosphere that displays the Nelson Bros. Restaurant as the Obvious Choice.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Thorough knowledge of restaurant services, including the menu selections, specials, pricing, and restaurant floor plan.
- Gain strong working knowledge of the computerized register system for running orders and settling tickets.
- Accurately perform basic addition/subtraction, count back change, and appropriately handle tenders to ensure cash drawers balance.
- In all situations, demonstrate positive and professional customer relations.
- Be self-motivated, proactive and productive while working, making yourself, the team, and the Clearwater Travel Plaza the Obvious Choice.
- Assist in general restaurant cleaning when available including, but not limited to, pulling bus carts into the kitchen, bussing tables in surrounding areas, etc.
- Communicate with supervisor and other staff in a professional manner.
- Address any customer complaints and, if necessary, immediately contact a supervisor.
The Clearwater Travel Plaza is a full-service travel center that strives to provide exceptional products and excellent service to our diverse population of customers—professional truck drivers, local residents, and tourists alike. We meet our customers’ needs in the areas of food, fuel, clothing and gifts, and information. The Plaza prides itself on an “Obvious Choice” mentality—where only the highest standards will do. From trendy product lines and unique books & gifts, to donuts with a reputation, to our diverse restaurant and pub menu offerings, to our most valuable resource—our employees.
CTP employees are the key to our business. We look for candidates who thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy working as a part of a team, demonstrate superior attitudes, maintain a flexible availability suitable for a retail schedule, and act honestly and with integrity. Candidates must maintain a neat and clean appearance while adhering to CTP’s uniform policy and must be able to speak, understand, read, and write English. Employees must also deliver exceptional customer service, regardless if they have direct or indirect customer contact. We look for hard-working candidates who can demonstrate that fun and professionalism go hand-in-hand, which delivers the customer experience that we have become known for. If you meet these criteria, we would love for you to join our team!