Position: Experienced Server
Description: Provide fast, efficient service and ensure that the needs of the customers are met in a friendly, professional manner. Demonstrate service and attitude that represents Nelson Bros. Restaurant as the Obvious Choice. Previous serving experience in a similar restaurant setting required.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Possess a thorough knowledge of restaurant services, including menu selections, plate presentation, and restaurant floor plan
- Provide fast service to all customers from taking the orders to settling the tickets
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of the menu so as to be able to effectively sell and upsell
- Understand that the server is the last step in quality assurance before our products and service reach the customer. Ensure that all food and customer service that is delivered is Obvious Choice.
- Follow all food safety and sanitation guidelines
- Assist in general restaurant cleanliness, including bussing and setting tables, keeping clean work and service areas, stocking supplies, and general cleaning.
- Communicate with customers, coworkers, and supervisors in a positive and professional manner. Address all customer complaints professionally and, if necessary, involve a supervisor.
- Comply with all safety rules, company policies, and scheduling requirements
The Clearwater Travel Plaza is a full-service travel center that strives to provide exceptional products and excellent service to our diverse population of customers—professional truck drivers, local residents, and tourists alike. We meet our customers’ needs in the areas of food, fuel, clothing and gifts, and information. The Plaza prides itself on an “Obvious Choice” mentality—where only the highest standards will do. From trendy product lines and unique books & gifts, to donuts with a reputation, to our diverse restaurant and pub menu offerings, to our most valuable resource—our employees.
CTP employees are the key to our business. We look for candidates who thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy working as a part of a team, demonstrate superior attitudes, maintain a flexible availability suitable for a retail schedule, and act honestly and with integrity. Candidates must maintain a neat and clean appearance while adhering to CTP’s uniform policy and must be able to speak, understand, read, and write English. Employees must also deliver exceptional customer service, regardless if they have direct or indirect customer contact. We look for hard-working candidates who can demonstrate that fun and professionalism go hand-in-hand, which delivers the customer experience that we have become known for. If you meet these criteria, we would love for you to join our team!