Position: Kitchen/Baking Center Supervisor
Description: Supervise employees and handle situations pertaining to staff. Ensure the best quality product in an effective and timely manner. To enforce and uphold CTP’s Obvious Choice standards in both products and service. To train and nurture employees to help them become the best they can. To foster an environment of fun and outstanding attitudes. To ensure company standards are met and profitability goals are attained. Previous kitchen experienced required.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Possess a thorough knowledge of department services, including Nelson Bros. Restaurant and Pub, Nelson Bros. Baking Center, and Cutting Edge Catering
- Communicate goals and expectations with all members of your team in a clear and professional manner
- Ensure quality products are being produced in a timely manner paying close attention to proper portion sizes, ingredients and presentation of products
- Must be able to take and give delegation and ensure follow through on both
- Handle daily supervision of shifts including scheduling, breaks, quality control, and operational flow.
- Ensure the highest standards of cleanliness are communicated and followed through on
- Find creative and fun ways to motivate employees. Lead by example and demonstrate positive attitudes and professionalism. Train and develop employees. When necessary, take appropriate disciplinary action to ensure CTP’s standards and policies are upheld and enforced consistently
- Understand, utilize, and teach Clearwater Travel Plaza’s theories of Business Operations
- Comply with all safety rules, company policies, and scheduling requirements
The Clearwater Travel Plaza is a full-service travel center that strives to provide exceptional products and excellent service to our diverse population of customers—professional truck drivers, local residents, and tourists alike. We meet our customers’ needs in the areas of food, fuel, clothing and gifts, and information. The Plaza prides itself on an “Obvious Choice” mentality—where only the highest standards will do. From trendy product lines and unique books & gifts, to donuts with a reputation, to our diverse restaurant and pub menu offerings, to our most valuable resource—our employees.
CTP employees are the key to our business. We look for candidates who thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy working as a part of a team, demonstrate superior attitudes, maintain a flexible availability suitable for a retail schedule, and act honestly and with integrity. Candidates must maintain a neat and clean appearance while adhering to CTP’s uniform policy and must be able to speak, understand, read, and write English. Employees must also deliver exceptional customer service, regardless if they have direct or indirect customer contact. We look for hard-working candidates who can demonstrate that fun and professionalism go hand-in-hand, which delivers the customer experience that we have become known for. If you meet these criteria, we would love for you to join our team!