Position: Monday - Friday Morning Food Court Cashier
Description: Provide the finest quality service and products to our customers, ensuring that you present yourself, your team, and the Clearwater Travel Plaza as the Obvious Choice. This position offers a variety of experiences including cashiering and basic food prep. Previous experience not required.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Possess a thorough knowledge of food court services, including menu selections, specials, and pricing
- Cheerfully greet customers, take their orders, and upsell as appropriate
- Work quickly and efficiently; adhere to CTP’s approved recipes, portion sizes, and presentation
- Accurately perform cashier duties--including accurately running orders in the computerized register system, appropriately handling tenders to ensure cash drawers balance, performing basic addition/subtraction functions, and counting back change
- Accurately balance cash drawers at the beginning and end of each shift
- Assist in general food court cleanliness, including keeping clean work and service areas, stocking supplies, and general cleaning.
- Communicate with customers, coworkers, and supervisors in a positive and professional manner. Address all customer complaints professionally and, if necessary, involve a supervisor.
- Comply with all safety rules, company policies, and scheduling requirements
The Clearwater Travel Plaza is a full-service travel center that strives to provide exceptional products and excellent service to our diverse population of customers—professional truck drivers, local residents, and tourists alike. We meet our customers’ needs in the areas of food, fuel, clothing and gifts, and information. The Plaza prides itself on an “Obvious Choice” mentality—where only the highest standards will do. From trendy product lines and unique books & gifts, to donuts with a reputation, to our diverse restaurant and pub menu offerings, to our most valuable resource—our employees.
We offer food, gas, and gift shop discounts. We also offer medical, health savings account, dental, vision, AFLAC supplemental insurance, and a company matching 401(k).
CTP employees are the key to our business. We look for candidates who thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy working as a part of a team, demonstrate superior attitudes, maintain a flexible availability suitable for a retail schedule, and act honestly and with integrity. Candidates must maintain a neat and clean appearance while adhering to CTP’s uniform policy and must be able to speak, understand, read, and write English. Employees must also deliver exceptional customer service, regardless if they have direct or indirect customer contact. We look for hard-working candidates who can demonstrate that fun and professionalism go hand-in-hand, which delivers the customer experience that we have become known for. If you meet these criteria, we would love for you to join our team!
We offer Open Interviews every Tuesday from 3-5pm. Submit an application online, fill one out on-site, or bring your resume with you and receive an on the spot interview.